[chirp_users] .csv file import, fields not populating

John Kellas
Fri Jan 10 12:46:56 PST 2014

I have a file created in KG-UV Commander. If I export it as a .csv file,
and then import it into CHIRP, none of the fields populate, irrespective if
I tell it the model type is Wouxun UVD1P or UV6, and irrespective of the
.csv output format such as using quotes or not, etc. ALso get this if I
export from KG-UV6 Commander as well. The 'Name' field in the resultant
.csv file says 'ERROR'. I know I can create a .csv file to work with
successfully be reading from the radio first, but I was hoping by exporting
the file from KG-UV Commander I could also move the Notes across to the
.csv file in CHIRP and not have to re-write them all. I am also hoping that
I can program all the frequencies I have in my UVD1P data bank in KG-UV
Commander into my UV6D via CHIRP as well.

Regards,
John