[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R programming

Milton Hywatt
Tue Jan 7 07:06:39 PST 2014

I can email you the right package installer for OSX Lion and up that I use
on a MacBook Pro. It's 56 KB. When you open it you have to right click
and chose open. It will warn that the pkg is from an unidentified source
but it is actually from a Chirp developer. For XP you have to use the 2.0.2.1
Prolific driver and for Win 7 the 3.2.0.0 driver. Except for the OSX driver
go here: http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php . Not sure what they have
for OSX but what I can email you is confirmed to work. Let me know.

________________________________
 From: kdufour . <kdufour at gmail.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:23 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5R programming

Hi, cannot seem to get the Baofeng UV-5R (Firmware BFB297) to work with Chirp. I bought the radio and cable at the same time from Amazon. Whenever  I hook it up to either a Mac running Mavericks or a PC running XP or 7  and try to download the radio I always get the same message - An error has occurred - the radio did not respond. I have the prolific drivers installed and in in the device manager I can see it pointing to com port 3.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks