[chirp_users] Carry Comments Column over from .csv file?

John Kellas
Mon Jan 6 12:00:20 PST 2014

Thanks, I was hoping I'd get suggestions for a better procedure than I was
planning to use, and that will be how I'll do it as well.

I typically use 3 different models depending on activity. For example if I
am going on a multi day AT Ski trip I'll probably take a KG-816 with a
Frankenstiened AAA cell pack that uses a combination of dummy and
rechargeable Li-Ion cells so I can still get the full transmit power from
8.4V if required, but also get full lumens from my headlamps or can use my
Avalanche Beacon for backup batteries. But if there is a need for FRS, then
it would be a simlar configured UVD1P, also with a Frankensteined 14500
Li-Ion AA cell pack. The odd time if I may need the ability to do seat of
the pants telemetry, I'll carry the UV6D due to the 2.5kHz frequency
stepping ability. This method will enable me to work effectively with all
of them until there is a CHIRP for Android! Thanks very much.

Regards,
John Kellas