[chirp_users] Carry Comments Column over from .csv file?

Tom Hayward
Mon Jan 6 10:21:55 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:51 AM, John Kellas <sales at mparam.com> wrote:
> I see when working in a .csv file I can use the comment field. That field
> does not export over to the .chirp file. Is there a way to add a comments
> field to the .chirp or .img files?

There's no benefit to .chirp over .csv. Just use .csv.

.img files are a direct data dump from the radio. They can only store
fields supported by the radio. If your radio doesn't have a built in
comment field (I'm not aware of any that do), then there's no way to
store a comment in the .img file.

Dan has proposed a new file format that would store the img data plus
some additional metadata. This is a long way from fruition.

Tom KD7LXL