[chirp_users] UV-3R ??? TX Inhibit

Dan Smith
Sat Jan 4 07:22:25 PST 2014

> Well, yes, it is a limitation of the radios, but Chirp only added the
> duplex "off" feature recently. Radios that were added to Chirp before
> this feature was added won't have it until a dev goes back and updates
> it.

That's why I said "these radios." All the chinese clones that I have
seen store independent TX/RX frequencies and go TX inhibit when you zero
the TX side.

>> If it's just a matter of a few minutes of update,
>
> It's also a matter of getting someone with the radio to save two
> channels, one with TX inhibit and one without and no other
> differences. Then they create a bug report and post their img.
> Describe where to find the two channels and a Chirp dev should be able
> to look and the img and locate the TX inhibit bit.

So, for this radio, I think it's doable without a sample image.

How about this. Benton, if you will file an issue for this on the website:

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_To_Report_Issues

and attach an image of your UV-3R, I will quickly make the change to one
of the channels, let you confirm that it inhibits transmit, and then
I'll fix the code to make it available to the user, okay? No pizza
required :)

--Dan