[chirp_users] Cannot Upload to Yausu VX-6

Jens J.
Fri Feb 28 20:10:24 PST 2014

sounds familiar. What chipset cable are you running?

If it is FTDI you may want to read this thread:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/1433

________________________________
 From: Pete Mackie <pete at seaquest.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 7:54 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Cannot Upload to Yausu VX-6

I can download memory settings from my Yausu VX-6 transceiver to CHIRP. I cannot upload memory settings from CHRIP to my Yausu VX-6. CHRIP totally locks up (only recovery is Force Quit Application) approximately one-third of the upload. Additionally all of my manually entered Yausu VX-6 memory settings are wiped out after the CHIRP upload attempt, except for one entry.

I am able to perform both uploads and download data transfers to my Boefeng UV-5R data transceiver. It is only the Yausu VX-6 transceiver upload data transfer which is failing.

I am running CHRIP on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, which is a fairly new O/S release for Apple. I’ve tried running both CHIRP 0.3.1 and the latest daily build. Both versions fail with the Yausu VX-6 upload data transfer.

Pete