[chirp_users] Radio not responding

Jim Unroe
Mon Feb 24 14:53:11 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Dave Lambing <dave.lambing at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Have a new Baofeng UV-5R with genuine Baofeng programming cable. Have
> downloaded latest CHIRP software and driver, but get error message that
> "radio not responding" when I try to download from radio to CHIRP.
>
> Thanks

Dave,

You cannot use the latest driver with the Baofeng programming cable. It
contains the same unauthorized copy of the Prolific USB-to-Serial chip as
most of the low-cost programming cables do.

Visit the miklor.com website to get the driver that you will need to
downgrade to and instructions for installing it.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php