[chirp_users] Problem using Chirp with Icom ID-31A

Milton Hywatt
Sun Feb 23 14:53:52 PST 2014

I saw that message on my MacBook Pro when I used the wrong driver
Head on over to http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php
and see if you can find the right driver.

________________________________
 From: Bob Nielsen <n7xy at clearwire.net>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] Problem using Chirp with Icom ID-31A

I am running into difficulties try to program my ID-31A with Chirp (Daily-20140222).  I am using a USB cable with a FTDI chip which is recognized by OS X (dmesg says "FTDIUSBSerialDriver:        0  4036001 start - ok".  Chirp identifies the port as /dev/cu.usbserial-A603MJKN.

When I try to download from the radio I get a popup window saying that an error has occurred, “Failed to communicate with the radio: Unexpected response from radio.”

Has anyone seen this or know how to work around it?

73, Bob N7XY