[chirp_users] [vx-3] - daily build with vx3 fix will not upload to radio

Milton Hywatt
Sat Feb 22 19:11:02 PST 2014

With a single serial line for both TX and RX everything is echoed back to the cable and I guess
Chirp has to somehow sort out what was sent by the radio and what was just echoed
back from the cable. At least that's my first impression regadless of how wrong it may be.

________________________________
 From: bob <n612dw at gmail.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2014 10:03 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] [vx-3] - daily build with vx3 fix will not upload to	radio

After downloading the latest daily build that has a fix (posted by Jens 3
days ago) in it to allow empty memories to be modified/imported, now I can't
upload an image just downloaded of the radio.  The fix posted 3 days ago to
address the issue with not allowing empty memories to be modified/edited or
imported now works, but now we have this problem.

Included the downloaded image from the radio (same as the other day).
Trivially easy to replicate.  Download from the radio and without any
changes, simply try to upload that stuff just downloaded. Toast.

Cant upload the file just downloaded from the radio even without any
changes.

The Radio begins receiving, the Chirp program thinks its done and apparently
stops sending, and the Radio stops indicating data is uploading and just
errors out (probably a timeout).  Is Chirp missing the vx3 equivalent of a
checksum or eof?  Seems like it just still thinks more data is coming.  Once
an error occurs, all memory is wiped.

Wish I knew more about how the upload/download images work...

-bob