[chirp_users] installed Chirp on Ubuntu 13.11

Milton Hywatt
Sat Feb 22 14:45:48 PST 2014

Is the syntax the same for wget ? Like:
sudo wget ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots

I used Madriva up until 2012 and back when it was Mandrake.
apt-get was its command line network downloader. Did Ubunto
switch to apt-get? I'm sure when I was trying Ubuntu out back when it was 10x
that they used wget.

________________________________
 From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2014 7:46 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] installed Chirp on Ubuntu 13.11

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Michael Lussier <ml41782 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I tried wiping everything for chirp and reinstalling it 3x . I downloaded the bootable DVD version and I was able to program my baofeng ht.

Michael,

Here's what I do in Linux Mint (based on and compatible with Ubuntu)

In the terminal execute the following

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dansmith/chirp-snapshots
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chirp-daily

Then still in terminal add your user to the "dialout" group (substitute your Ubuntu username for {username})

sudo usermod -a -G dialout {username}

Then logout and login for the group membership change to take effect.