[chirp_users] FW: Stupid noob problem, any help out there?

bob
Tue Feb 18 19:29:31 PST 2014

Hi Dan,

Tnx for the response.  I was using the standard stable release and I just
downloaded/installed the current daily (weekly) build from 2/6.

I have almost the same problem, no different except now I get an error
dialog when I try to edit the uploaded .img file by

selecting the first unused memory (12 with show empty option on).  The error
dialog comes up with "Invalid value for this

field 'unknown7' ".

When I select the last memory uploaded (#11) and edit that, all is well.

When I select the last memory uploaded and right click on "insert row
below",  nothing happens.

I don't know how to send you the file, it may get stripped off by the
reflector.  But I'll attach it anyway.

Is there any way we can connect offline via phone directly?  This has gotta
be something obvious I am doing wrong as

it is so basic to the fundamental operation this just can't be a bug.    I'm
sure a 5 minute phone call will fix it.

This should have taken me 5 minutes to figure out and be downloaded and
done, now its taking a few hours !!!

Tnx,

-bob, w9zv

You don't say which version of CHIRP you are using. I just loaded the VX-3

image from the CHIRP repository into my CHIRP daily-20140105 and was able

to edit and move any memory. I also imported a .csv file with more than 50

channels without any issues.

Try the latest daily build if you haven't already. And if that isn't it,

attach you .img file for us to look at.