[chirp_users] Windows 8

ZIP-G
Sun Feb 9 20:34:22 PST 2014

JIM,

IS THERE ANY REASON I SHOULD UPGRADE MY PROLIFIC DRIVER, 2.0.2.1 UP
TO 3.2.0.0? THIS WORKS JUST FINE FOR THE BAOFENG UV-5R, WOUXUN
KG-UV6, AND I THINK SOME OTHERS. USING XP-SP3.

ZIPPY
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Unroe
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 23:01
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Windows 8

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Wes <kb9oic at gmail.com> wrote:

  I used Chirp on my XP machine with a Boefeng UV-5R and on Kenwood D72.  I had no problems connecting until I went to Windows 8 Now when I use the cables and start with download from radio the box for the Com port does not comes up. Nothing happens. I check device manager and it shows an exclamation mark in the com port setting.  Any suggestions

  --
  Wes
  73's

Wes,

You have to downgrade your driver to v3.2.0.0. Get the driver and the instructions to install it here.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php