[chirp_users] chirp and windows 8

Milton Hywatt
Wed Feb 5 11:05:09 PST 2014

Go to: http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

It does a good job at solving driver issues.
Scroll down to where it illustrates how to check
your driver version and what COM port it emulates.
I'm guess the COM port might have changed but
do go to that site, it's helped a lot of people.

________________________________
 From: LeonardKeepers <Leonard.Keepers at comcast.net>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 1:35 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] chirp and windows 8

hello group. i have a windows 8 laptop. just recently upgraded to
windows 8.1. i want to do some program editing to my kenwood thf6a.
chirp and the radio cannot talk to each other because chirp tells me it
cannot find the com port. it worked okay until i upgraded to 8.1. the
question is, do i have to put in a new driver so that chirp and the
radio can communicate. thank you
Leonard