[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RA cloning problem

Jim Unroe
Wed Dec 31 12:37:15 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Tom Van de Bussche <tbussche at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I try to clone my Baofeng UV-5RA, it starts the download and I receive
> a "radio Refused to send block 0x0140" error.  I am running Chirp on windows
> 8.1, and Chrip is 20141231.  firmware is BFB297.  Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Tom Van de Bussche
> KB3OA

The first thing that I would recommend, if you haven't already, is
that you turn off the Window 8's SmartScreen feature.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#LoadingCHIRP

The second thing would be that if the programming cable has a Prolific
type chip in it (look in Device Manager), then downgrade the
automatically installed driver to v3.2.0.0.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php