[chirp_users] FT-817 problem

Michael Walker
Sun Dec 14 13:03:22 PST 2014

As many have said, the prolific drivers can cause issues due to them being
cloned.

I have had great success with these from Amazon.  They just work.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Serial-Adapter-Retention-ICUSB2321F/dp/B004ZMYTYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418590970&sr=8-1&keywords=ftdi+startech

They also don't change com port numbers when you move them from 1 usb port
to another.

Mike va3mw