[chirp_users] FT-817 problem

Dale Urban
Sat Dec 13 16:59:36 PST 2014

I purchased a USB cable for my FT-817 from kawamall to use with chirp. The device mgr says the drivers are up to date and the device is working properly on on com port 12. I have the 817 cat data speed set at 9600 and the com port setting is 9600,8,N,1 with no flow control. I follow the instructions in cirp to download from radio and it just sets there and will not read the radio and eventually will get a no communications with the radio error msg.  If I shut the radio off chirp then sends an error so it knows the radio is there. I did notice in the txt file that was with the drivers says the drivers are for a gps? Any suggestions to try would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad