[chirp_users] BF-F9 problems

Jim Unroe
Fri Dec 12 09:38:21 PST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM, radian <radiandd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I'm a newbie Tech and am trying to figure out how to program, either
> manually, or with CHIRP my BF-F9 radio...
> so far with no good results, even with searching the internet, youtube, and
> trying to get the right driver to work and the CHIRP software won't
> recognize my radio at all....
> help?
>
> --
> radian
>
> KG5EYN

Make sure you have a compatible driver if you run Windows and the
programming cable has a Prolific type chip. You most likely have to
downgrade your driver. Having the latest, automatically installed,
driver usually won't work. This is a common problem.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

Make sure the programming cable is fully plugged into the radio. Not
being plugged in fully is a common problem.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error1

Don't use the stable build for this type of Baofeng/Pofung radio. Use
the latest daily build.

http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/

Once to get to this point and everything is working, here are some
CHIRP guides and examples for the UV-5R and variant radios.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php