[chirp_users] Chirp and virus alarm

tom.wz9u at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 08:54:59 PST 2014

>  Please, everyone who has encountered this report it to Avast as a false positive.

I had that problem with the previous daily build -- it was mildly exasperating until I realized what was happening (Avast! was quietly deleting the EXE).

My workaround then was simply to whitelist the CHIRP installation directory -- and I submitted a false positive report at the time.  Newer versions may need newer reports -- I’m unsure of the granularity of Avast! versioning.

However, whitelisting the directory is a one-time, everlasting workaround.

(That does of course presume that the user trusts CHIRP to remain virus-free.)