[chirp_users] NC Hams using chirp

Dan Smith
Tue Apr 22 09:44:19 PDT 2014

> well the program tested the cable and said it is working just fine. I
> tested it both with and without the opc-1797 cable attached with the same
> results. So that would seem to indicate a problem with the radio or chirp.

The cable you need to use with the 92AD would fail a loopback test
because it's not a looped cable. If that test passes, then I'd expect
you're using an OPC-478 and the bayonet adapter to connect it. If so,
that won't work with CHIRP. CHIRP talks to the 92AD in live high-speed
mode, which doesn't require going into clone mode, and which won't work
with the OPC-478.

See the entry for the 92AD on the CableGuide page:

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/CableGuide#IC-91AD-IC-92AD-ID-1

--Dan