[chirp_users] IC92AD issues

Dwayne
Sun Apr 20 11:15:02 PDT 2014

I have a ic-92ad submersible with the waterproof mic/data connector on top of the radio. To program the radio I have the opc-1797 cable connected to the radio and then a USB cable (opc-478) with a 3.5mm plug that I purchased from KJ6ZWL that uses a FTDI chip. The cable drivers installed correctly. I'm using the latest version of chirp. But I just can't get the radio to talk to the chirp software. When I tell chirp to "download from radio" it comes up with 0.0000 under frequency and error under name for every location in the radio. If I type in a frequency and name for a location in chirp it doesn't update the radio. I tried to find a way to search the mailing list archives but couldn't find one. I have manually gone through all of the emails from the chirp list dealing with the IC92AD. Nothing in the emails seem to help me getting chirp and my IC92AD talking.  What am I doing wrong?

Dwayne