[chirp_users] Windows Vista problem

John LaMartina
Fri Apr 18 12:54:53 PDT 2014

Rick,
You identified the problem when you said you have The Latest USB Driver installed.
With a generic cable and Vista or Windows 7, you must run Prolific Driver 3.2.0.0 or older.

The new driver will fail.

Refer to http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

John K3NXU

http://www.miklor.com

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Rick Hanzlik
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2014 3:44 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Wiindows Vista problem

I'm using the latest daily build for chirp to program my boafang u5r and b5. I have the altest usb driver installed but when I
connect the radio and turn it on, the radio immediately goes into the transmit mode. I can use the same download and cable on my
windows XP machine with no problem. Any suggestions?

Rick Hanzlik

N7NGK

Sandy, Ut