[chirp_users] CHIRP for Android?

Rich Barstow
Sun Apr 6 09:44:28 PDT 2014

Thanks to all for the responses.

Q: Where would be the place to start discussion around an Android effort?

Based on the comments in the linked Feature #1369, Android is not in scope
or on the roadmap for the existing development team.  It sounds as if the
existing code base could be forked for the new platform, based on the
existing separation between the driver/radio/clone logic and UI. The fact
that there is a commandline tool (even if very neglected) may provide an
additional starting point.

Ideally, I'd like a new community of developers (I have some in mind) to
support such an effort, so as to not add work to the existing devs. At the
same time, there's a tremendous amount of knowledge the existing team has
developed, and I'd like to leverage as much of that as is reasonable.

Disclaimer: I'm not a developer (I've done it, and I know what I'm not good
at). Scripting and admin-type work, or project management, that I can do.