[chirp_users] Wouxun UV6D V2

Dennis Smith
Sat Sep 14 17:59:22 PDT 2013

The Baofang radio's are not the same as the Wouxon's in every regard.
They are lower quality and they don't have the same filtering. The
Wouxon's are a better radio and you pay a bit more for it. Having
owned both brands, I threw my Baofang away after a few months. They
are like oranges and lemons, similar, but you can't confuse the two.
The programming interface may well be the same memory map, and the
basics of the board may also be similar, but not the same radio.

Dennis Smith
M1DLG

On 13 September 2013 22:53, Milton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Evidently this new version (supposedly) of the KG-UV6D isn't any different
> where Chirp is concerned. My KG-UV6D badged the F-11 is able to share
> image files with the new V2 Wouxun directly. No need to download first, just
> upload the F-11 file to the radio and you are cloned. Well, the radios are
> cloned. So this must be a marketing ploy to increase slumping sales with a
> newer version and a lower price.

Dennis Smith
M1DLG