[chirp_users] CHIRP and IC-706MkIIG

Al Waschka
Sat Sep 14 08:16:45 PDT 2013

OK, I cleared the radio with YPlog.  When placed in the memory mode, the
SPLIT and FMTONE indicators were off in the display.  After programming the
memories, the SPLIT label was lit in all memories that I programmed an
offset into and the FM-TONE label was lit in all programmed memories.  I
think I understand the SPLIT, in that I programmed in an offset.  But since
I moved the frequencies into different memories, I don't see how it got the
tones I originally had in since I didn't enter anything.  Every programmed
memory has the FM-TONE label lit, even simplex frequencies that didn't
originally have tone in them.  I'm guessing that every programmed memory is
loaded with the tone set in the menu.  I don't know how to verify the tone
that is loaded into the memory other than trying it on a repeater.  I'll
check that out later today.

Al

  _____

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:09 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] CHIRP and IC-706MkIIG

On 9/14/2013 12:29 AM, Al Waschka wrote:

Thanks Guys!  I had given up on this.  I used a Timewave Hamlink USB cable
and YPlog.  I downloaded the memories in my 706 (which has an HF problem)
and will upload them to my 706MkII replacement.

I'm curious, was YPlog able to write the PL tones (if you had any programmed
in to old radio) into the new radio?

Joe

  _____

No virus found in this message.