[chirp_users] CHIRP and IC-706MkIIG

Al Waschka
Fri Sep 13 21:29:38 PDT 2013

Thanks Guys!  I had given up on this.  I used a Timewave Hamlink USB cable
and YPlog.  I downloaded the memories in my 706 (which has an HF problem)
and will upload them to my 706MkII replacement.  I ended up adding the
offset manually (600k wouldn't work, I used -0.6 and 0.6). I tested the
process by clearing and then loading the 706 and it worked great!

Sorry for OT, but wanted to thank the contributors.  So the 706 memories can
be loaded by PC.  Would be nice if Chirp supported the radio.  I'm using
chirp for several other radios and I could just use the same base file.
Guess it's not OT now.  :-)

Al K5TAN

  _____

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Roos G Mats
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 6:58 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] CHIRP and IC-706MkIIG

Ok,
problem solved.

I ordered a new cable, there are 2 cables out there, an old one for about $6
and a new one for $12, the new cable works perfect both on a windows PC and
my MAC.  Its a great combination, easy to pgm, I really like and recommend
this little package.  Let me know if someone has a problem, I know the setup
buy now.

Mats
SMOBTP.