[chirp_users] UV 5R plus

Milton Hywatt
Tue Sep 10 15:23:55 PDT 2013

If it's a Prolific PL 2303 this driver was reported to work on OSX
Mountain Lion 10.8.4, 64 or 32 bit. I thought I read that back a few
weeks ago.
http://changux.co/osx-installer-to-pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lio/

Just had a look and it's in Spanish LOL. There are translators online
that should take care of that problem.

________________________________
 From: Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV 5R plus

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:14 AM, mats.g.roos at gmail.com <mats.g.roos at gmail.com> wrote:

Can't get Chirp to work, can anyone help?

>The problem is that when I connect the radio to the sync cable the radio goes into transmit mode and nothing can be done.  It looks like the pgm works but not the communication with radio, can you help?
>
>Also, I am using a MAC.
>
>Mats

Hi Mats,

I'm not a MAC user. But I seem to remember reading in the UV-5R group that a MAC user had the same issue with the ratio going into transmit with the programming cable plugged into the radio. I believe the fix was to acquire and install the correct driver.

Like the drivers for the Windows PC, you have to install a particular driver to work the USB-to-Serial chips that are commonly used in the cheaper (but not always cheaper) programming cables. Check the CHIRP wiki. It has a recently updated list of driver sources that you should try.