[chirp_users] Chirp LiveCD

B Giff
Sun Sep 8 08:21:04 PDT 2013

I finally got the Windows self extracting (.exe) version of the Chirp LiveCD updated on the website.  Both the .iso and the .exe versions contain the 27 August Chirp-daily.

If you are using this as a LiveUSB and have updated Chirp with the Chirp Updater script, there is no need to download this version.  In fact, you probably have a newer Chirp-daily.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/chirplivecd/

I had a request to include ORCA on the next release.  Unfortunately, I will unable to make that happen.  The ChirpLiveCD uses XFCE and ORCA does not run natively on it.  I don't have the bandwidth to download the required files to make it work.  Perhaps in a few months when I return home I will be able to include it.

Bob