[chirp_users] yaesu vx5r

kc6iih
Sat Sep 7 19:09:20 PDT 2013

RT systems makes great programming software, yes not "freeware" but it works and also ties to the ARRL Repeater cd and Rfinder seamlessly.
I use several of their discs and have not had any problems.

  Jock  KC6IIH
Sent from Samsung tabletMilton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:Maybe a year ago when I used Chirp with my VX5 I had to select from the
menu "Alternative Write Strategy." Now because of my memory loss that could
have been another program like VX5 Commander but still it illustrates that in
some cases the software needed an alternative method to write to the VX5.
Sorry I can't help more, maybe try VX5 Commander, I think you can use it for
free for 15 days.

From: John Smale <jsmale859 at msn.com>
To: "chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 7, 2013 8:59 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] yaesu vx5r

     I have been trying to program a VX5R with no success, I have tried 2 different types of USB cables and 2 different types of programs, chirp being one of them.

     I am able to read from the radio but when I go to write to the radio I get a comm error message.

     Has anyone else run into this problem?

73 John K2IZ