[chirp_users] ic-2100, Icom USB OPC-478 FTDI (Valley Enterprises), driver from ftdichip.com and Windows XP

Jim McCorison
Thu Sep 5 15:46:03 PDT 2013

John,

I'm certain that those actions would cause problems. However in my case
everything is pretty much static. I have a single dedicated port on the
hub on my iMac and always use the front panel port on my Windows box.
I've found no indications of port conflict.

What I have found is that if you do things perfectly every time, it
works flawlessly. But if, for example, you forget to turn off the radio
before plugging in the programming cable and try to download from it,
things are get hosed up and may, or may not, recover without a reboot.
I've found this to be the case both with multiple programming sessions
on the same radio, or when programming a batch of radios, and with both
the Wouxun KG-UV6X and the Baofeng UV-5R. The problem is most pronounced
on the Windows box, but does sometimes happen on the Mac box.

Jim
K2SON

--
Jim McCorison