[chirp_users] ic-2100, Icom USB OPC-478 FTDI (Valley Enterprises), driver from ftdichip.com and Windows XP

Jean
Wed Sep 4 12:14:32 PDT 2013

I have an ic-2100, Icom USB OPC-478 FTDI (Valley Enterprises), driver from ftdichip.com and Windows XP setup.  The usb serial port is on com 5 (I checked in device manager).  With the ic 1200 in the clone mode, asking chirp to download from the radio, clicking OK and pushing the smwmw button on the radio, I get “An error has occurred.  Failed to communicate with the radio unexpected response from radio”.  I even tried without putting the radio in the clone mode......same response.....also tried two other computers (one XP and one Windows 7). When I ask the program to detect the radio  I get....”An error has occurred.  Unable to get radio model.”   Am I missing a step or two or doing things wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

Jean N2VQA