[chirp_users] Problems Connecting Baofeng UV-5R to Software

Jim Unroe
Wed Sep 4 04:32:25 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM, CJ Burchfield <cjburchfield at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Not sure if this will help or not, but in my testing, the UV-E5 radios,
> which I understand are the same as the UV-5R (please correct me if I am
> wrong)  won't work with the Wouxun cable.  I have found that a TYT radio
> cable does work.
>
> Thanks,
> CJ Burchfield
> AJ4LH

CJ,

The UV-E5 is basically a UV-5R. The E5 I am familiar with doesn't have a
BAND button. Even though the UV-5R still has one, the BAND button became an
unnecessary feature with the release of the BFB291 firmware.

The programming cable that came with my Wouxun KG-UV6D works fine with my
Baofeng UV-5R, UV-B5 and Kenwood TH-F6.