[chirp_users] IC-80AD - DR Mode Memories?

Brad NK8J
Mon Sep 2 09:56:51 PDT 2013

Have you tried the Free software from ICOM for your Radio?

Brad NK8J

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Stephen
King
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 10:15 PM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] IC-80AD - DR Mode Memories?

Greetings All!

I am new to CHIRP, but I was able to easily install the Mac software onto my
MacBook and to install the driver to use the Icom OPC-478UC USB cloning
cable.  I was then able to "Download From Radio" from my IC-80AD.

The memories load fine.  However, the Repeater List does not appear ... so I
do not see anywhere my DR mode settings ... which is critical to using the
radio on D-Star.  Perhaps I am missing something?  I would really appreciate
any help anyone can give, and if this was addressed previously I apologise
in advance -- I did a manual search of the archive going back a year and did
not see anything helpful.

One issue I did notice is that the IC-80AD is not in the list of models
available (even though it is listed as a supported radio)  when you try to
Download ... and the DETECT thinks it is an ID-80H .... not sure if that is
meaningful or not.

I have tried this with both 0.3.1 AND the latest Daily Build ... no
difference in results.

Any help????

Thanks in advance!

Peace and 73