[chirp_users] Support for Yaesu FT-8000R

Dave Nathanson
Sun Sep 1 19:07:02 PDT 2013

HI, I have a Yaesu FT-8000R dual band radio that I would like to help get supported in CHIRP.
I can loan the radio and cable. The radio is modified for wide RX/TX. If useful, I can provide a PDF of the user manual & (only) 23 pages of the service manual. The USB FTDI cable is from Valley Enterprises  "Yaesu USB FT-7800 FTDI 10 feet". Also known as part#: RPC-Y7800-U-3M.

I believe that this is the right cable, and it does fit into the back of the radio, but I am not 100% sure. I got the idea that the cable for the 7800 is the same as for the 8000 because RT Systems offers the same cable for 9 different Yaesu radios including the 8000 & 7800.
http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=USB-29B

I tried using the CHIRP setting for Yaesu 7800 to download from this FT-8000R without success.

If appropriate I would be happy to open a "new issue" to ask for support of this radio, but I don't want to clog that process without asking here first.
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/issues/new

Thanks,
 Dave