[chirp_users] UV-B5 Settings issue

Jim Unroe rock.unroe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:13:56 PDT 2013


It looks like you have an FM radio preset out of range (108.1). Delete it
or change it to a valid frequency.

Jim KC9HI
On Oct 23, 2013 6:58 PM, "Doug" <sailsfast at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok...
> I got the second part.
>
> Tried both CHIRP daily-20131022 and when that didnt work downgraded to a
> build from the 11th.  Back on the 22nd build again.
>
> Win 7
>
> I have both 888 and this new b5, the setting tab for my 888 is as
> expected.  For the B5 entirely blank.  I would send a screen shot if I
> thought I would go through the listserver.
>
> I copied and pasted the frequencies from my 888 to the new b6, and wrote
> to the b5 and 4 888 in this session.
>
> CHIRP daily-20131022 on WinVista/7 (Python 2.7.2)
> Registered Alinco_DR03T = DR03Radio
> Registered Alinco_DR06T = DR06Radio
> Registered Alinco_DR135T = DR135Radio
> Registered Alinco_DR235T = DR235Radio
> Registered Alinco_DR435T = DR435Radio
> Registered Alinco_DJ596 = DJ596Radio
> Registered Jetstream_JT220M = JT220MRadio
> Registered Alinco_DJ175 = DJ175Radio
> Registered AnyTone_5888UV = AnyTone5888UVRadio
> Registered Intek_HR-2040 = IntekHR2040Radio
> Registered Baofeng_UV-3R = UV3RRadio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-D7 = THD7Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-D7G = THD7GRadio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-D700 = TMD700Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-V7 = TMV7Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-G707 = TMG707Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-G71 = THG71Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-F6 = THF6ARadio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-F7 = THF7ERadio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-D710 = TMD710Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-D72_live_mode = THD72Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-V71 = TMV71Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-K2 = THK2Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-271 = TM271Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TM-471 = TM471Radio
> Registered Icom_7200 = Icom7200Radio
> Registered Icom_7000 = Icom7000Radio
> Registered Icom_746 = Icom746Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-1802M = FT1802Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-2800M = FT2800Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-60 = FT60Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-7800 = FT7800Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-8800 = FT8800Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-8900 = FT8900Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-817 = FT817Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-817ND = FT817NDRadio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-817ND_US = FT817NDUSRadio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-857_897 = FT857Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-857_897_US = FT857USRadio
> Registered Yaesu_FT-90 = FT90Radio
> Registered Yaesu_FTM-350 = FTM350Radio
> Registered Generic_CSV = CSVRadio
> Registered RT_Systems_CSV = RTCSVRadio
> Registered ARRL_Travel_Plus = TpeRadio
> Registered Generic_XML = XMLRadio
> Registered Baofeng_BF-888 = H777Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-208H = IC208Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-2100H = IC2100Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-2200H = IC2200Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-2720H = IC2720Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-2820H = IC2820Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-91_92AD = IC9xRadio
> Registered Icom_IC-91_92AD_ICF_File = IC9xICFRadio
> Registered Icom_IC-Q7A = ICQ7Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-T70 = ICT70Radio
> Registered Icom_IC-T7H = ICT7HRadio
> Registered Icom_IC-T8A = ICT8ARadio
> Registered Icom_IC-W32A = ICW32ARadio
> Registered Icom_IC-V82_U82 = ICx8xRadio
> Registered Icom_ID-31A = ID31Radio
> Registered Icom_ID-51A = ID51Radio
> Registered Icom_ID-800H_v2 = ID800v2Radio
> Registered Icom_ID-880H = ID880Radio
> Registered Icom_ID-80H = ID80Radio
> Registered Kenwood_HMK = HMKRadio
> Registered Kenwood_ITM = ITMRadio
> Registered Puxing_PX-777 = Puxing777Radio
> Registered Puxing_PX-2R = Puxing2RRadio
> Registered Kenwood_TH-D72_clone_mode = THD72Radio
> Registered TYT_TH-UVF1 = TYTTHUVF1Radio
> Registered TYT_TH-UV3R = TYTUV3RRadio
> Registered Kenwood_TK-7102 = KenwoodTK7102Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TK-8102 = KenwoodTK8102Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TK-7108 = KenwoodTK7108Radio
> Registered Kenwood_TK-8108 = KenwoodTK8108Radio
> Registered Baofeng_UV-5R = BaofengUV5R
> Registered Baofeng_F-11 = BaofengF11Radio
> Registered Baofeng_UV-82 = BaofengUV82Radio
> Registered Baofeng_UV-B5 = BaofengUVB5
> Registered Yaesu_VX-2 = VX2Radio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-3 = VX3Radio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-5 = VX5Radio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-6 = VX6Radio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-7 = VX7Radio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-8_R = VX8Radio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-8_DR = VX8DRadio
> Registered Yaesu_VX-8_GE = VX8GERadio
> Registered Vertex_Standard_VXA-700 = VXA700Radio
> Registered Wouxun_KG-UVD1P = KGUVD1PRadio
> Registered Wouxun_KG-UV6 = KGUV6DRadio
> Registered Wouxun_KG-816 = KG816Radio
> Registered Wouxun_KG-818 = KG818Radio
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
> Skipping existing stock config
>  ÷70
>  ÷70
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-2000000 160
> Meter Band simplex , 1800000-2000000 160 Meter Band simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-1810000
> Digimodes simplex , 1800000-1810000 Digital Modes simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1999000-2000000 Beacons
> simplex mode: CW , 1999000-2000000 Beacons simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [3500000-4000000 80 Meter
> Band simplex , 3500000-4000000 80 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [7000000-7300000 40 Meter
> Band simplex , 7000000-7300000 40 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10100000-10150000 30
> Meter Band simplex , 10100000-10150000 30 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10130000-10140000 All
> narrow band digimodes simplex , 10130000-10140000 RTTY simplex mode: RTTY ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10140000-10150000 All
> modes, digimodes, no phone simplex , 10140000-10150000 Packet simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [14000000-14350000 20
> Meter Band simplex , 14000000-14350000 20 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [18068000-18168000 17
> Meter Band simplex , 18068000-18168000 17 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [21000000-21450000 15
> Meter Band simplex , 21000000-21450000 15 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [24890000-24990000 12
> Meter Band simplex , 24890000-24990000 12 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28000000-28070000 CW
> simplex mode: CW , 28000000-28070000 CW simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28150000-28190000 All
> narrow band modes, digimodes simplex , 28150000-28190000 CW simplex mode:
> CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29000000-29200000 All
> modes, AM preferred simplex mode: AM , 29000000-29200000 AM simplex mode:
> AM ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29300000-29510000
> Satellite downlink simplex , 29300000-29510000 Satellite Downlinks simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-2000000 160
> Meter Band simplex , 1800000-2000000 160 Meter Band simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-1810000
> Digimodes simplex , 1800000-1810000 Digital Modes simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1999000-2000000 Beacons
> simplex mode: CW , 1999000-2000000 Beacons simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [3500000-4000000 80 Meter
> Band simplex , 3500000-4000000 80 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [7000000-7300000 40 Meter
> Band simplex , 7000000-7300000 40 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10100000-10150000 30
> Meter Band simplex , 10100000-10150000 30 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10130000-10140000 All
> narrow band digimodes simplex , 10130000-10140000 RTTY simplex mode: RTTY ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10140000-10150000 All
> modes, digimodes, no phone simplex , 10140000-10150000 Packet simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [14000000-14350000 20
> Meter Band simplex , 14000000-14350000 20 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [18068000-18168000 17
> Meter Band simplex , 18068000-18168000 17 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [21000000-21450000 15
> Meter Band simplex , 21000000-21450000 15 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [24890000-24990000 12
> Meter Band simplex , 24890000-24990000 12 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28000000-28070000 CW
> simplex mode: CW , 28000000-28070000 CW simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28150000-28190000 All
> narrow band modes, digimodes simplex , 28150000-28190000 CW simplex mode:
> CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29000000-29200000 All
> modes, AM preferred simplex mode: AM , 29000000-29200000 AM simplex mode:
> AM ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29300000-29510000
> Satellite downlink simplex , 29300000-29510000 Satellite Downlinks simplex ]
> DTCS Code supported: True
> DTCS Rx Code supported: True
> DTCS Pol supported: True
> Mode supported: True
> Offset supported: True
> Name supported: False
> Tune Step supported: False
> Name supported: False
> ToneSql supported: True
> Cross Mode supported: True
> Comment supported: False
> DTCS Code supported: True
> DTCS Rx Code supported: True
> DTCS Pol supported: True
> Mode supported: True
> Offset supported: True
> Name supported: False
> Tune Step supported: False
> Name supported: False
> ToneSql supported: True
> Cross Mode supported: True
> Comment supported: False
> Digits: 0
> Digits: 0
> ÿÿÿÿ
> ÿÿÿÿ
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-2000000 160
> Meter Band simplex , 1800000-2000000 160 Meter Band simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-1810000
> Digimodes simplex , 1800000-1810000 Digital Modes simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1999000-2000000 Beacons
> simplex mode: CW , 1999000-2000000 Beacons simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [3500000-4000000 80 Meter
> Band simplex , 3500000-4000000 80 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [7000000-7300000 40 Meter
> Band simplex , 7000000-7300000 40 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10100000-10150000 30
> Meter Band simplex , 10100000-10150000 30 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10130000-10140000 All
> narrow band digimodes simplex , 10130000-10140000 RTTY simplex mode: RTTY ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10140000-10150000 All
> modes, digimodes, no phone simplex , 10140000-10150000 Packet simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [14000000-14350000 20
> Meter Band simplex , 14000000-14350000 20 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [18068000-18168000 17
> Meter Band simplex , 18068000-18168000 17 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [21000000-21450000 15
> Meter Band simplex , 21000000-21450000 15 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [24890000-24990000 12
> Meter Band simplex , 24890000-24990000 12 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28000000-28070000 CW
> simplex mode: CW , 28000000-28070000 CW simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28150000-28190000 All
> narrow band modes, digimodes simplex , 28150000-28190000 CW simplex mode:
> CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29000000-29200000 All
> modes, AM preferred simplex mode: AM , 29000000-29200000 AM simplex mode:
> AM ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29300000-29510000
> Satellite downlink simplex , 29300000-29510000 Satellite Downlinks simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-2000000 160
> Meter Band simplex , 1800000-2000000 160 Meter Band simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1800000-1810000
> Digimodes simplex , 1800000-1810000 Digital Modes simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [1999000-2000000 Beacons
> simplex mode: CW , 1999000-2000000 Beacons simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [3500000-4000000 80 Meter
> Band simplex , 3500000-4000000 80 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [7000000-7300000 40 Meter
> Band simplex , 7000000-7300000 40 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10100000-10150000 30
> Meter Band simplex , 10100000-10150000 30 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10130000-10140000 All
> narrow band digimodes simplex , 10130000-10140000 RTTY simplex mode: RTTY ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [10140000-10150000 All
> modes, digimodes, no phone simplex , 10140000-10150000 Packet simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [14000000-14350000 20
> Meter Band simplex , 14000000-14350000 20 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [18068000-18168000 17
> Meter Band simplex , 18068000-18168000 17 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [21000000-21450000 15
> Meter Band simplex , 21000000-21450000 15 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [24890000-24990000 12
> Meter Band simplex , 24890000-24990000 12 Meter Band simplex ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28000000-28070000 CW
> simplex mode: CW , 28000000-28070000 CW simplex mode: CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [28150000-28190000 All
> narrow band modes, digimodes simplex , 28150000-28190000 CW simplex mode:
> CW ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29000000-29200000 All
> modes, AM preferred simplex mode: AM , 29000000-29200000 AM simplex mode:
> AM ]
> Bandplan North American Band Plan has duplicates [29300000-29510000
> Satellite downlink simplex , 29300000-29510000 Satellite Downlinks simplex ]
> DTCS Code supported: True
> DTCS Rx Code supported: True
> DTCS Pol supported: True
> Mode supported: True
> Offset supported: True
> Name supported: True
> Tune Step supported: True
> Name supported: True
> ToneSql supported: True
> Cross Mode supported: True
> Comment supported: False
> DTCS Code supported: True
> DTCS Rx Code supported: True
> DTCS Pol supported: True
> Mode supported: True
> Offset supported: True
> Name supported: True
> Tune Step supported: True
> Name supported: True
> ToneSql supported: True
> Cross Mode supported: True
> Comment supported: False
> %.1f
> %.1f
> %.1f
> Exception running RadioJob: Value 108.1 not in range 65.0-108.0
> -- Exception: --
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "chirpui\common.pyo", line 111, in _execute
>   File "chirp\uvb5.pyo", line 635, in get_settings
>   File "chirp\settings.pyo", line 106, in __init__
>   File "chirp\settings.pyo", line 124, in set_value
> InvalidValueError: Value 108.1 not in range 65.0-108.0
> ------
> Job Args:   ()
> Job KWArgs: {}
> Job Called from:
>
>   File "chirpw", line 154, in <module>
>   File "chirpui\mainapp.pyo", line 1332, in mh
>   File "chirpui\mainapp.pyo", line 321, in do_open
>   File "chirpui\editorset.pyo", line 141, in __init__
>   File "chirpui\settingsedit.pyo", line 57, in __init__
>
> Toplevel is not a group
> Closing 1
> RadioThread exiting
> Closing 0
> RadioThread exiting
>
>
>
> Doug
> ComFest
> Parking Chairman, Entertainment and Operations Committees
> 614-654-4844
>
> S/V Kerberos Corsair 28R #100
> Welcome to the dark side... We have cookies.
> Entropy all ways wins!  Things fall apart, it's scientific.
>
>
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Doug <sailsfast at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So two issues.  I am using the latest Daily with 2 new B5s that work
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> 1 - I can download from the radio....  When I do the channel tab is
>>> populated but the Settings tab is blank.  If I enable Developer mode I can
>>> see data for the settings but I wouldn't want to edit it there.
>>>
>>
>> I just downloaded and installed the latest daily build, CHIRP
>> daily-20131022, and disabled the "Enable Developer Functions" and I can see
>> all of the settings just fine. Would you verify the build that you are
>> using? What operating system are you using? Are you getting any errors?
>>
>> How about providing a debug.log file for us to look at?
>>
>> http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues
>>
>>
>>> 2 - in the Memory (channels) tab their are 4 settings columns missing,
>>> BCL Reverse Duplex PT ID and Compander missing.  That would mean that one
>>> would need to select each channel and use the right click Edit function on
>>> each channel individualy.
>>>
>>
>> The columns that you mention are not available from the Memories
>> spreadsheet editor. As you already know these settings are only available
>> from the Detail Editor (right-click on a row and select "Edit"). What you
>> need to know that you can use the Detail Editor to edit multiple channels
>> at the same time.
>>
>> Say you want to enable Busy Channel Lockout on memory channels 3, 4, 5
>> and 7, here's what you do.
>>
>> Click Loc 3 (row 3 becomes highlighted)
>> Shift-click Loc 7 (rows 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are now selected)
>> Ctrl-click Loc 6 (row 6 is deselected so now only rows 3, 4, 5 and 7 are
>> selected)
>> Right-click any one of the selected rows (a menu pops up)
>> Select "Edit" (the "Edit Multiple Memories" Detail Editor will pop up)
>> Click the tick box to the left of BCL to enable editing that setting
>> Click the tick box to the right of BCL to select "Enabled"
>> Click the [OK] button to exit the menu.
>>
>> That's all there is to it. And you could have at the same time changed
>> any other settings that you want to be the same for the selected group of
>> channels.
>>
>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>
>>
>> Jim KC9HI
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> chirp_users mailing list
>> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
>> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> chirp_users mailing list
> chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
> http://intrepid.danplanet.com/mailman/listinfo/chirp_users
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/attachments/20131023/f7af2da6/attachment-0002.html 


More information about the chirp_users mailing list