[chirp_users] Offset UV-5R

Benton
Tue Oct 29 07:48:57 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-29 05:30, Milton Hywatt wrote:
> Why do I need a frequency in the offset cell even for a
> simplex channel? I was redoing my channel list yesterday
> and noticed the radio would not transmit on a channel that
> was for simplex crossband use into my base radio.

I would think the radio offers the facility and Chirp supports it
so that you can mark channels to not be transmitted on.  This lets
you add frequencies for (in my area, ambulance svc, a couple police
depts, FRS, GMRS, NOAA, etc) that I might want to monitor but wouldn't
want to inadvertently key-up on.

Benton 29oct13
--
Benton Holzwarth