[chirp_users] UV-B5 Settings issue

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 23 14:42:45 PDT 2013

Hi Doug,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Doug <sailsfast at gmail.com> wrote:

> So two issues.  I am using the latest Daily with 2 new B5s that work fine.
>
> 1 - I can download from the radio....  When I do the channel tab is
> populated but the Settings tab is blank.  If I enable Developer mode I can
> see data for the settings but I wouldn't want to edit it there.

I just downloaded and installed the latest daily build, CHIRP
daily-20131022, and disabled the "Enable Developer Functions" and I can see
all of the settings just fine. Would you verify the build that you are
using? What operating system are you using? Are you getting any errors?

How about providing a debug.log file for us to look at?

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues

> 2 - in the Memory (channels) tab their are 4 settings columns missing, BCL
> Reverse Duplex PT ID and Compander missing.  That would mean that one would
> need to select each channel and use the right click Edit function on each
> channel individualy.

The columns that you mention are not available from the Memories
spreadsheet editor. As you already know these settings are only available
from the Detail Editor (right-click on a row and select "Edit"). What you
need to know that you can use the Detail Editor to edit multiple channels
at the same time.

Say you want to enable Busy Channel Lockout on memory channels 3, 4, 5 and
7, here's what you do.

Click Loc 3 (row 3 becomes highlighted)
Shift-click Loc 7 (rows 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are now selected)
Ctrl-click Loc 6 (row 6 is deselected so now only rows 3, 4, 5 and 7 are
selected)
Right-click any one of the selected rows (a menu pops up)
Select "Edit" (the "Edit Multiple Memories" Detail Editor will pop up)
Click the tick box to the left of BCL to enable editing that setting
Click the tick box to the right of BCL to select "Enabled"
Click the [OK] button to exit the menu.

That's all there is to it. And you could have at the same time changed any
other settings that you want to be the same for the selected group of
channels.