[chirp_users] Connecting issues to VX5R solved

Marty Hartwell
Wed Oct 9 07:02:25 PDT 2013

Hi

Thanks to all that have tried to help me solve this issue. Turns out to
have been a slight
operator error, I think.
After getting the correct driver installed, I did mention that I saw the
com port number
in device manager. I also was not getting the second window but that was
solved by the
new build I installed. On my XP system when the window with com port and
other choices
showed the com port was populated, on the Vista system is was not. So I
added "Com 3"
in the slot, vendor and radio, attempted and failed, many times.
The solution turns out to be I should have entered for port, "com3"
which worked fine. Things
on the Vista are getting somewhat better but still not like it was
before the reload of the OS
but progressing. At least now I can make changes to the memories of my
Vx5R, FT817 and
FT2800 fromt he PC I may be portable with.

Again thanks to all who have responded with ideas.

Marty kd8bj