[chirp_users] FM Broadcast signal cliping or distortion

william coulson
Sat Oct 5 15:13:03 PDT 2013

Hi Jim

Have you heard or have you personal experience of the Baofeng UV5XX clipping the FM signal or distorting in FM broadcast mode?

I still say your truly deserve an award for the "online" service you have and continue to provide to all of us.

Bill Coulson W 6 S Q

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Unroe
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Strange Situation

  On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Paul Robertson <probertson6 at cogeco.ca> wrote:

    My error gentlemen. Should have shown the radio as TYT-TH3R which is in the drop down box of the program. As mentioned previously .. When I download from the radio to the computer all appears well as the radio connects to the computer, the light flashes on the radio when transferring data. However the contents of the radio do no show on the "grid" display. The display shows blank frequencies. There is a tab that shows on that screen something was downloaded but I seem to be unable to figure out where. I am obviously doing something wrong.

  My suggestion now would be to provide us with a debug.log after the download. It might give some insight as to what is happening (or not happening).

  http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues