[chirp_users] FT-60r not receiving "on frequency"

Paul Plasters
Tue Nov 26 17:08:03 PST 2013

Is it possible that the radio has a defect?  I had something similar in a brand new Icom once.  I sent it back to Icom, they fixed it, and told me that they found a cracked part causing the problem.  Paul

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:41 PM, Milton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:

I have programmed my FT60 using other software, for a couple .xxxx frequencies
so I know my radio which I purchased in 2006 will take 12.5 steps. The radio
itself can be set to narrow, 2.5khz. deviation for both rx and tx via its menu.
So one would assume it should also accept 2.5khz steps and I've done some
data mining that confirms this. Just my $.02 as a long time Yaesu owner.

________________________________
 From: Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] FT-60r not receiving "on frequency"

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Phil - w2lie <w2lie at w2lie.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm trying to write to a FT-60r using the latest stable build and the
> latest dev build (2013-11-21).   Using both versions of software, it
> seems that the radio is failing to receive on the correct frequency,
> even though Chirp shows the correct data was entered.
>
> Example:  Saving 477.3875 with a step of 12.5khz is being received
 by
> the radio as 477.380.   I verified this by changing the memory settings
> from Alpha to Freq.  A frequency of 477.380 is displayed in that memory
> location.

It sounds like Chirp is not sending the right bits to the FT-60 for
that frequency, probably because it's an odd step size. Please submit
a bug report with the same description you posted here. If you have a
chance, save two channels from the front panel of your radio. One on
477.380 and on on 477.3875, but otherwise identical. Upload the img
with your bug report and I'll examine the difference between the two
channels you created.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/issues/new

Tom KD7LXL