[chirp_users] Updating CHIRP

Tom Hayward
Mon Nov 25 10:10:36 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 7:47 PM,  <Wireu at aol.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to put a link in the chirp software to check for updates from
> the program?

I use a package manager (apt) to check for updates for all of my
software. This program notifies me whenever there are updates
available in the chirp-daily ppa or for any of my other software. It
seems like better design to let one program check for updates
system-wide than to add an internal update checker to conceivably
every piece of software on the system.

I'm not a Windows user so I'm not familiar how Windows solves this
problem, but they must have a solution. It's a problem faced by all
software.

Tom KD7LXL