[chirp_users] updated template

Mike Agner
Sat Nov 23 19:18:13 PST 2013

I've added a question about whether this radio is a live mode radio or
not to the Prepare the Radio section.  So the template - now adjusted
for Redmine coding - looks something like this;

h1.  Radio page

{{>toc}}

h2.  Getting Started

* [[Beginner's Guide]]
* [[FAQ]]
* "Features Supported in (this
model)":http://chirp.danplanet.com/download/0.3.0/Model_Support.html
* Put the link from miklor.com for the radio here (if available)

h2.  Making the Connection

* [[CableGuide]]
* [[CableGuide FTDO OEM Cables]]
* [[FAQ Adjusting the Serial Port Settings in Windows]]
-----> Add how to access Device Manager in Windows to this article (all
versions). This data is mostly available on the RadioReference wiki
* What is the original manufacturer cable number?
* Are there other known compatible cables (Yes/No)?
** If yes, please list Make and model number:

h2.  Prepare the Radio
* Is this radio a 'clone mode' radio (Yes/No)?
** If Yes, state the keystrokes and/or menu items needed to put the
radio into clone mode:
* Is this radio a 'live mode' radio (Yes/No)?
** If Yes, an image file cannot be saved for this radio

h2.  Using CHIRP
* [[Downloading a Template from the Radio]]
* [[Editing the Template]]
------> The MemoryEditorColumns article would be linked from here
------> This is the place where you would discuss the use of the 'stock
configurations' - how to use them, edit them and/or merge them with your
current data
------> Are there any special keystrokes for special functions (like
repeating data down a column)? If there are, list in this article
------> Also list any limitations of this radio for CHIRP or any special
functions that are radio-specific here
* [[Uploading a Template to a Radio]]

h2.  Importing/Exporting Data
h3.  Importing File Formats
* [[Importing EVE files]
* [[Importing Kenwood HMK files]]
* [[Importing Kenwood Commercial ITM format files]]
* [[Importing Icom icf files]]
* [[Importing ARRL Travel Plus tpe files]]
* [[Importing VX5 Commander Files]]
* [[Importing VX7 Commander Files]]

h3.  Importing Data from External Sources
* [[Importing Data from RadioReference]]
* [[Importing Data from RepeaterBook]]
* [[Importing Data from przemienniki.net]]
* [[Importing Data from RFinder]]

h3.  Importing/Exporting Comma Separated Values (CSV) Data
* [[CSV HowTo]]
* "Creating a CSV file in CHIRP
(YouTube)":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcX9XM5NJxs
* "How to create a CSV file in Chirp
(YouTube)":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcX9XM5NJxs

h2.  YouTube Programming Videos
* List all the YouTube programming links here

h2.  Help Topics
* [[How to Get Help]]
* [[How to Report Issues]]
* [[Rules for Loaning a Radio]]

There are some 14 topics that need to be at least started (each of those
topics could entail one or more pages). And insofar as the YouTube
Programming Videos, I have found a few for some of
the Baofeng radios, which I think will be our starting point.

Mike

---