[chirp_users] Programming Guide for Beginners

Dan Smith
Fri Nov 22 18:41:00 PST 2013

> Dan right now I don't have a user account on the wiki - I assume
> you're the one who gets to do that. What information do you need from
> me?

You create an account first and then tell me the username and I'll endow
it with editing privileges.

> I have a basic outline already mapped. I'm pretty familiar with the
> MediaWiki dialect, I'm just unfamiliar with the Redmine environment.
> I can send you the outline off-list, and we can go over the
> particulars. The outline uses what is already on the wiki to
> 'surround' the topic, as you will see.

No reason to do it in private, here is fine! But, I'm happy for you to
just put it on the wiki and we can tweak it when it's there. That's the
point after all :)

> I've got some links for the Baofeng models - as there's a small
> number of these, and they're a pretty popular topic, it seems to me
> that it's a logical place to start to shake out the concepts before
> anything gets published

Well, I dunno what you mean by publish exactly. No need to be formal,
just go forth and do it!

Thanks :)

--Dan