[chirp_users] Problem reported with Windows download?

Aubrey Turner
Tue Nov 19 11:55:29 PST 2013

After reloading the download page a few times, I got the 'green download
button' that someone reported earlier to appear.  It is indeed an ad,
served by Google, and it points you to a download page for what is
ostensibly 7Zip ( http://www.download-21.com/7zip-20627cre/). This
download is most definitely not CHIRP and is not part of the Chirp
download page.

Of interest, the download, which technically includes 7Zip, also
includes a bevy of other software, including a variety of toolbars.

Here's what it has to say on that site:
" Clicking this Download button starts DomaIQ^(TM), it manages your 7Zip
installation. Additional software may be offered to you via opt-in ads
during the installation process."

So it's kind of unscrupulous on the part of "Zip App" (the sponsor of
the ad, according to the bottom of the banner), and it could trick
someone into downloading the "7Zip" utility instead of Chirp.

I don't know how whether an attachment will make it to the list, but
I've attached a screen shot of the ad, for any who may be interested in
what it looks like.