[chirp_users] UVB6

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 19 02:36:29 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM, Rafael Yerushalmi <rafaely10 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello there
>   I tried the new build 2013118 with my new UVB6 ,
>     and could not succesed with downloadig or uploading information
>     to the unit.
>     did anyone have succeses with the UVB6 ?
>     thanks...
>     --
> --
> Best wishess for you !!! ( :
>
> Y  Rafael

I have tried it with the UV-B5 (the UV-B6 uses the same driver) and it
works fine.

Are you saying an older version worked and now it doesn't or are you saying
this is the first time you've used CHIRP? If it is the latter, most
problems getting CHIRP (or any programming software) to work with a
particular radio is the programming cable not fully plugged into the radio
or the incorrect driver is installed for the chip in the cable. I recommend
that you visit the miklor.com website for trouble shooting advice (in
particular the "Errors and Error Messages" and "Drivers and USB Cables"
pages.

http://www.miklor.com/UVB5/