[chirp_users] chirp and BAOJIE BJ-UV55

Jens J.
Fri Nov 8 14:17:30 PST 2013

I could actually use some help to verify some unknown aspects from several radios of this and similar brands.

If you, or anyone else, are so inclined:
1. install free serial port monitor: http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/free-serial-port-monitor-downloads.html
2. setup session to capture your com port, looking at "Request view"
3. open up your programming software and perform 3 functions:
a. read firmware
b. download from radio
c. upload (same image) back to radio
4. export the session log from request view of serial port monitor. (right click on request view pane, export, as htm)
5. attach to aforementioned bug ticket

May help me determine any differences between units (such as firmware version, id strings, etc), and other similar units with different manufacturers (i.e., HYS TC-UV55).

-Jens