[chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UVD1P Extended Coverage

Milton Hywatt
Wed Nov 6 07:24:48 PST 2013

Definitely try the latest stable build if you don't have it installed.
I can't recommend installing the daily build because they sometimes
have a bug or two. I finally bit the bullet and installed the daily build
on my Mac, the app doesn't really install, so I can run two different
app builds side by side. And I also installed it on my Windows 7 desktop
with no problems. And yes there are new features at least for the Wouxun
and Baofeng radios. Both of which I own a couple UV6D and UV5R models.

________________________________
 From: Phil - w2lie <w2lie at w2lie.net>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:48 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] Wouxun KG-UVD1P Extended Coverage

Hi All,

I am not sure if this would be a bug, feature request, or
 something that
is already fixed, so that is why I am starting my search with an e-mail
to the group.

I have a UVD1P that I am programming for a client.  Using Chrip, I
already extended the Rx side of the radio up to 490Mhz because he needs
to receive up in the 480Mhz part of the band.    That mod seems to have
worked as I can go into the VFO and add the frequency in by hand.
(*disclaimer, I didn't see if it was actually receiving anything up
there yet).

The problem is, when I try and program the extended frequencies in with
Chirp, I get a software error stating that the channels that are above
479Mhz are out of range for this radio.    True, on the default settings
they are out of range, but after doing the software mod via chirp, they
are no longer out of range.

Is there anyway in Chirp to program these extended frequencies? Has it
been included in the
 latest daily build and I just missed something?
I figured I would ask here before I submitted a request via the bug
tracker / issue / feature request page.

73
Phil / w2lie