[chirp_users] Trouble with FT-8800 on an iMac
kd7jnw at me.com
Sun May 26 20:35:53 PDT 2013
I'm getting an error when trying to download data from the Yaesu FT-8800. Computer is an iMac running OS X 10.8.3; I have CHIRP 0.3.1 installed and running. Cable is the Valley Ent. USB programming cable, and I have installed the FTDI VCP drivers; it appears that they've been installed correctly (they're in the proper directory, anyhow.)
I'm using the following procedure:
- I start CHIRP, click the radio menu and choose "download from radio"
- I choose the /dev/cu.usbserial-AE01FMRW port (the others listed are Bluetooth; this is the only other choice)
- I choose the radio (Yaesu FT-8800)
- I put the radio into clone mode, then click OK in the clone window
- After I click the OK button, I press the left V/M button on the radio to initiate the clone transmission.
- The radio never goes into transmit mode (it's supposed to display "CLONE -TX-" when transmission is initiated, but it never does.) The CHIRP display shows no progress, and after a short period times out with a communication error message.
What am I doing wrong?
More information about the chirp_users