[chirp_users] Fire paging

Chris Hart
Sun May 26 19:08:19 PDT 2013

Two tone voice pagers are still the defacto standard for volunteer fire departments in this part of the world, so it isn't so obsolete. Some areas each department has their own radio frequency, and tones for the pagers may or may not overlap, other areas use a shared frequency for the county, with different departments having different tone pairs. The county to the North of me, when they do their weekly test, sends tones for almost 2 minutes before the dispatcher can put out the announcement.  (4 seconds per pair, 50 something paging groups)