[chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R dtmf on receive///

Brad NK8J
Sun May 26 10:10:38 PDT 2013

Most Fire Stations and ambulances require DTMF Tones to tell them which
station is being sent out to where.  The Baofeng does not have this
capability to receive them and activate the squelch to open up when the tone
is received.  Sorry but sounds like you need a more professional radio.

Brad NK8J

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Marty
Hartwell
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:46 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng UV5R dtmf on receive///

HI Jim

I see where you are saying dtmf, but I wonder if you are talking of CCTCS on
both TX and RX. On ham rigs you can have a tone squelch for receive and one
on TX also a choice, on RX it is used so the receiver only receives the
desired repeater, on TX so you only get into the desired repeater in highly
dense repeaters. But my bet it could be used as a security measure. When it
is used for both it usually is called Tone Squelch or shortened to TSQL I
have that on my VX5R for some repeaters which tells the rig to look for the
tone on receive and open the rx and to tx the tone so the desired rx opens
to receive the signal.
This may not be what you are talking about but you mentioned not seeing it
on the layout for the rig you are using but is there a field for TSQL?

Marty kd8bj