[chirp_users] to save or not to save

Bear Albrecht
Thu May 9 09:57:41 PDT 2013

We don't have to be stingy with disk space nowadays.  I save everything
(well, almost everything) and I append date & time strings to file names
for version history.  One time I didn't save, although I wanted to, was
when I was programming a mobile, and wearing pants with a fair amount of
synthetic fiber, which especially in our dry climate equals static
zaps.  At one point I stuck the mouse in my pocket and it lost it (but
later recovered); I had finished modifying the program in the radio but
couldn't save it since the laptop was going wacko.  Which I discovered
when I went back inside and tried to save.  But the radio was OK; I just
had to read it back out the next time the guy was around.  This is when
I switched to a cordless mouse.

;B

--
Bear Albrecht W5VZB

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment.
It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
     -- J. Danforth Quayle